Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ready...Set...Break!


What I've learned this week:

1. While my mom doesn't enjoy having her upper humerus broken (that's close to the shoulder for you non-medical people like myself), it is really, really cool to say that your mom is in a sling because she was playing volleyball.
2. Even though my mom is mad that she didn't make a point (she was diving for a ball during warm ups), it is still really, really cool to have a mom who breaks things while playing volleyball.
3. If you are ER nurse and a lady, who just broke a bone says that she’s not feeling right, believe her. Don’t make her get in the wheelchair. She may just faint. And that is NOT cool.
4. It is really, really hard to wash your hair with one hand. I tried, just to feel some empathy for my mom and it isn't as easy as one might think. Try it with your next shower and let me know how it goes. Then try deodorant.
5. My mom has some really, really nice friends who will do all sorts of nice stuff for her when she is handicapped (major kudos to Jer Jer--I wouldn't even trade a picture of a one-legged Louisiana man riding a bicycle for all that you have done).
6. My mom is incredibly tough (I knew that before this week) and incredibly stubborn (knew that WAY before this week) and she is my hero (again, not new to this week, just reemphasized after seeing her strength and tenacious courage).


















1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Bless her heart! I'd probably pass out just from playing volleyball before I could even try to hit the ball which would result in a broken bone. Very impressive. Please tell her that I hope her bone heals fast!