Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Predator vs. Alien


Have you ever noticed that siblings are sometimes really different (being an only, I didn't realize this until 7th grade when I observed my best friend Cynthia and her sister's sibling differences)? How about polar opposite different? Well, that's my Ian & Noah. If you know me well, you've heard this before. But yet I continue to discuss at nauseum my amazement over my joys' differences. Noah is cautious, Ian is fearless. Noah speaks to you after 15 minutes of warming up, Ian will not let the poor grocery shopper alone until he replies with a friendly "hello". Noah's hair goes to the right, Ian's hair goes to the left. The differences are endless. Absolutely endless. But they are in love with each other and I couldn't find more joy in that. One time, I was talking with my mother-in-law about how Seth's brother, Stephen, was one of Seth's best friends. She was so inexplicably overjoyed by this, but I didn't understand why until now.

3 comments:

Chad and Dana said...

Hey!

You don't know how thrilled I am to know you have a blog! Your boys are so handsome and are getting so big! You know, the thrill of sibling differences do not stop with biology...Malia and Cole couldn't be more different, they really compliment each other...kinda like a chocolate covered pretzel..ya know? In the words of Nacho Libre..."It's THE best" :-) Take care! Your Dorky Friend ~ Dana

Jennie Morgan said...

That is so cute! Inara & Lex are just like that. Manda & Me are too. Glad you're blogging! I'm a follower.

Jennifer said...

Nice. I really enjoyed the music/dance combo.