Thursday, July 10, 2008

Random Summer

So, here are some random pictures that I want to share, but no cohesive story to go with them:
This has been the summer of weddings and these pics are from one (Lauren & Jordan's), from the photobooth, which is the latest trend in receptions these days (for those of you who are not former high school youth sponsors and aren't currently invested in Bed, Bath & Beyond Wedding Registry stock, like ourselves).


When I was a child, the slip and slides had 3 foot stakes holding them down, and no padded cushion at the end, just an opening to help you slide right into the oak tree. And that reminds me of a Bucky Covington song (as I'm sure you're often saying to yourself throughout the day)..."Our cribs were covered in lead based paint, No child proofed lids, no seat belts in cars, Rode bikes with no helmets and still here we are..." Not that I'm for exposed outlets and easy to open cabinets, just an observation about the "different world" that Bucky and I grew up in.

Our sweet cousin, Alyssa, who visited us on her sixth birthday! In honor of her Arkansas roots, Ian is shoeless.


Because who doesn't like a picture of a 4-year-old with a deadly weapon and Robin with a hard hat.


Because they are all so cute.


Noah sometimes reminds me of the 90 pound Lab who lets his 4 pound Maltese friend pounce all over him.The big dog could cover him with one paw, if he wanted to, but he's too tenderhearted and too happy to have someone to play with than to do anything but get his heels nipped on.
Below are our most patriotic of annual pictures:

I look like Wilson from Home Improvement (disregard laughter if you're not a fan of the show)
Because the magic of fireworks never leaves you.
Eating cheetos while laying down is very patriotic.
Deidra in white tank, Colton in red tank, Baby Luke with BIG smile and extra chins

1 comment:

Christy said...

Goodness, your boys are adorable! I'm totally a fan of the Robin outfit and would like to know where I could purchase one for myself.