Monday, August 18, 2008

Big Cedar Lodge Vacation

We have recently returned from our family vacation to Big Cedar Lodge which is just right outside of Branson, Missouri. Noah's list of his "best" things were: 1. Driving the boat 2. Playing miniature golf 3. Eating pancakes

Here's proof of best thing #1:


Not to be outdone:

Noah explained to me later that the reason he did not want to get in the lake was because of the sharks (Seth hasn't given a better excuse why he didn't):


We also had an awesome pool that was just outside our lodge. While it looks like I've dragged my kids into a thunderstorm while swimming, it was a cloudy day, but the pool was really, really warm (gratefully none of the other guests realized this):


The lodge held a fishing competition for kids (this family will do whatever it takes to WIN):

But seriously, when we weren't cheating (we obviously had NO idea what we were doing because the fish just stuck their tongues out at us as they backstroked near the boys' poles), the boys had a really fun time watching all the other children catch fish:


I was trying to get a tender moment picture of the back of the boys walking away with their dad, but alas, my boys do not allow for such sentiments (also, they are paying me back for the endless pictures I made them endure). But I love these anyhow:


And to further prove my point of the endless pictures, here are just a few more of my favorite:

3 comments:

Linny Best said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! And don't worry, I am going to be crazy with the camera when I have kids too! Dale is already used to it :)

Christy said...

Oh my gosh, you are so right! Our pictures (the beginning ones, anyway) have a striking resemblence, except that your boat captain isn't hairy enough to frighten the Yeti. Laughed out loud at the description of the fishing competition. And I adore the picture of your boys fishing together and the one of your youngest giving Daddy a kiss.

Keri said...

Love the pictures! Looks like our type of family get away....fun stuff!