Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Noah's Music Camp Performance

Sometimes, when I explain that Noah is s-h-y (for some reason I always spell it when he is listening to my explanation of his personality), it comes off like I'm suggesting he's contracted some rare malady from Malaysia that we're working with Mayo doctors to remedy (along with my affection for alliteration). I, myself, skipped out on the s-h-y gene, so I have had to work to accept this as a part of his personality and NOT as something to get over. Being that his cautiousness (I often use this substitute word to divert the possibility of him realizing he possesses the s-h-y gene) is intertwined with who my sweet boy is, I LOVE to see him display confidence. And lately he has really been blossoming (or whatever it is that boys do) in several areas, one being that he is no longer catatonic when he is on stage during musical performances. I am completely content that he will never desire to be a Backstreet Boy, but I do want him to feel proud of himself and happy with who God has made him. All that to say, here are some precious pictures of Noah before the "David & Goliath" music performance, where Noah did a wonderful job singing and doing the motions. I don't have any actual performance footage because they don't allow photography or video for fear that people will sell copies to Japan illegally (also my camera does not do well in dark lighting).

Here's my brave Noah with Goliath before the program:

A contraband picture I was able to take before the armed guards apprehended me:

Noah and his BFF, Colton, who helps make Noah less s-h-y:
Noah practicing one his favorite songs in his pajamas on the fireplace:

1 comment:

Christy said...

First off, that Batman shirt is awesome. (PS. I just got back from seeing Batman and will be awake for the rest of my life.)

Second off, for some reason I'm really getting a kick out of the idea of Noah and Goliath being in the same story. Do you think it would be Goliath swimming angrily after the ark, or Noah giving David sling lessons?

Last off, that first picture of Noah is adorable.

Last off again, love that you took an illegal picture during a church program, you rebel you.