Friday, September 12, 2008

Why, yes, I do have a Scooby Doo band-aid on my eyebrow


This is how it all went down. Yesterday, Noah and Ian were playing "fall off the couch as close as possible to the sharp-edged coffee table". Surprisingly, I put a stop to this game. Then I went around the corner to my room and two minutes later, I heard Noah saying, "I'm sorry, Ian. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Then the anguished cry. Ian was amongst the pillows, wailing and bleeding profusely from his brow. After pressurizing, cleaning, bandaging, then debating whether to go to the doctor for a stitch (I decided against even though that could have been a wonderful addition to this story), I asked Noah what happened (Ian was still wailing) and he said that Ian hit the table. I couldn't help but scold them both for not listening to mommy (I went straight into the this-is-why-we-have-rules-for-your-own-good-young-man talk) and then I asked Noah why he was saying, "I'm sorry." He said he felt bad that Ian hit his head and was hurt.

Forward to this evening. Our friend, Chuck (really, that's his name) stopped by and after noticing the not-so-subtle bandage, questioned Ian about his wound:

Chuck: Ian, what happened to your head?
Ian (quite used to this question after going to school today): I have owie.
Chuck: How did you get it?
Ian: Hit table.
Chuck: Uh oh, you hit the table.
Ian: Noah pushed me.

6 comments:

Lacie and Stephen said...

The angle that this picture was taken at makes him look onery! Maybe he just is! Give him a hug for Aunt Lacie! It happens to all of us at some point, even when we don't have siblings pushing us!

Anonymous said...

Aawww! Poor Ian! The story is priceless though!!!

Anonymous

Kristi Bowers said...

ahh... sibling love. kaleb lost a tooth when he was 4 from running into hannah's head and hannah broke her arm when she was two from jumping and falling off (being pushed?) kaleb's bed...oh the stories

Linny Best said...

gotta love the little boy roughness and complete honesty with Mommy!

Rachel C said...

How cute, another blog to read-glad you left me a comment so I remembered to come see your little guys. Had a great time as well on tuesday.

Christy said...

Oh my gosh, that band-aid picture is stinkin' cute! Probably best you didn't go in for a stitch. Months ago I spent hours in the ER on a Friday evening for a bloody lip that pretty much looked fine the next day. I was glad to have opted against the stitch as well, but could have done without the ER now looking back.

Favorite sibling injury story to my knowledge: Phil's grandfather lost part of his finger when his sis chopped it off. Was it with an axe? Well, let's just say it was, for fun.