Friday, October 3, 2008

Parallel Worlds

After I posted my "Scooby Doo Band-Aid" story, my mother-in-law, Sandra, relayed the following story:

When we moved to Wichita, the boys (five and three) stayed with my parents. Dad told the story of passing the door to their room just in time to catch Seth slap Stephen. Stephen automatically began crying, and my Dad asked Seth why he had hit his brother. When Seth didn't reply, Dad repeated, "Seth, why would you hit your brother? What were you thinking?! Seth reluctantly replied, "I was thinking you wouldn't see me."

Sandra and I often share our joy of our boys and their relationship (albeit, sometimes a violent one). This reminded me of some photos that further my belief that Sandra and I are living in a parallel universe.
This is my world:

This is Sandra's (hopefully obviously noted because of the television OR the '76):


Mine:



Her's:


And so on:





5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those pictures are so sweet! What a neat comparison.

Kristi Bowers said...

that is adorable!!

Christy said...

Oh my, those picture are killer!! Makes me so excited to be having another (except for the slapping story). :-) My totally uneducated guess on the Nibblet's gender has been girl, but those pictures have made me long for another boy.

Emily said...

Obviously, these are very sweet pictures and I love them. And, too, it's a really nice Seth story that captures something of what he must have been like as a child.

Lisa Beth Hutchins said...

Those pictures are too precious!!!