Monday, November 10, 2008

Late Birth Announcements, Non-Abandoning Friends & Christmas

I have this thing about always wanting pictures to go with what I write about (Seth LOVES this aspect of my personality). And even though my GORGEOUS niece, Jesstine, was born in August, I haven't posted any pictures, because I kept thinking I would be able to take more pictures of her, because the pictures I have don't show her off well enough (and they show TOO much of me). But, alas, I need to share the good news of her August arrival, in November. And if you want to see many more lovely pictures of her, click on "Steve & Lacie" (Jesstine just refers to them as Master Diaper Changer and Mrs. Milk Provider) and you, too, can marvel at her beauty.

In other beauty news, one of my very best friends, April, is not abandoning me forever as previously planned (they moved from here to Beaumont where they lived the last two years and then made plans to move to Houston indefinitely, but plans changed and now they have moved back here--convoluted, I know). If you live in the area, you NEED to get to know her and her amazing family. April will never cease to entertain you, and her devotion and loyalty to family and friends (I consider her in the former category) is beyond description. Just a little anecdote to explain April's character. When Noah was a baby and before she had children (she's giving birth to #3 in December), we asked her and Mark to be our children's Godparents, if anything, God forbid, should happen to us. She started crying from happiness, and then through tears, she said, "I hope you die". I knew then that we had selected the perfect guardians. I'll leave Mark's amazing character and kindness and gentle spirit for another post.
This is Mitzi and I, with April in the middle:

Only April can blow out a candle like this:


Our good friend, Tim, kindly, patiently, graciously and talentedly took our family pictures this year. I haven't chosen THE family Christmas card picture, yet (oh how we are all waiting as we did last Tuesday for this exciting outcome), but I wanted you to see some of my favorite pictures and a few outtakes that will never been seen on a Christmas photo.:

This is my favorite picture EVER taken of the boys:

My mom joined in for the fun and here is one of my favs of her and the boys:

And some non-mantle worthy pics, but I enjoy them nevertheless:

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on the new niece! It will be good for you all to have a girl around. The other pics are great as well.

Anonymous said...

I love the April story!  Only April could get away with saying that! And am I ever SO HAPPY that they are back home!!!  Love the pictures.  Hey, I've seen that dress somewhere...Your anonymous friend

Anonymous said...

Now I see why you wanted the CD of un-perfect pics. The outtakes really are pretty neat, huh.

Lacie and Stephen said...

I think that the little girl in that picture is SO cute! I wonder what her parents look like! Hehe. I love the outtakes too. I look forward to being able share my own some day! You have a beautiful family. We are so sorry we can't make it for Thanksgiving, but we are needed here. We love you all!

Chad and Dana said...

Beautiful family pictures..oh my! How do you choose?!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are AMAZING!

Christy said...

That story was hilarious. LOVE the photo of your boys. And you (and you mom!) are gorgeous! Seriously, magazine pretty, you beast.

Don't mind me as I waddle up the stairs to bed ....