Monday, December 8, 2008

Friend-Eating, Meterology & Look-Alikes

The boys got to see Santa last week—did you know he was in town? Noah did his BEST yet with Santa and this is the first year he has ever sat on Santa’s lap. Ian is already best friends with Santa and didn’t need much warm up. As you can see from the OFFICIAL Santa picture, Noah isn’t perfectly comfy with the big guy, but we made HUGE improvements this year. BEFORE seeing Santa, Noah listed ALL the items he was going to request from him (then, we also discussed the definition of the word “greed”, which he then responded that his teachers had read him the book, “The Greedy Cat” where the cat eats his friends because he is so greedy—pretty sure that he is beginning to understand the concept and I am going to check with the teachers if they normally teach on such disturbing topics as friend-eating), but he failed to actually speak to Santa.

Also, Noah is an aspiring meteorologist. He has been fascinated with temperatures and such for awhile and is always excited to find out what the "degrees" will be. Last week he told me, "I was watching the news and I know what the weather is going to be. There is going to be an ice storm in Africa." Then, that night, while driving in the car, he suddenly told me that it was going to be 71 degrees on Monday (this was a Thursday, so I was surprised at his foresight). I asked him how he knew and he said that he looked at the McDonald's sign (the sign read: Monday $.71 Shakes). I'm pretty sure he predicts our weather with the same methods as our local weathermen.
Ian has the same skills for identifying similar-looking people. He looked at a pic of Beyonce and said, "That wooks wike you, Mommy!" He's now my favorite child. In case you don't know who she is, here's a pic of Beyonce to prove we're almost the same person:

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I definitely see the resemblance. Especially with the hair.

Anonymous said...

O, Jenni, this just made my day!

Dale Best said...

If Noah and Ian ever want to go into Channel 2 to meet Julie Chin, let me know.

Emily said...

You totoally have better legs. And let's not even pretend that Beyonce cup size starts with the same letter as dog. Also- I'm disturbed by the idea that apparently Noah saw nothing strange about a book about eating one's friends. Almost as if it was an idea he was accustomed too...

Anonymous said...

Ian gets food all over his face just like you!!! Beyonce is a stretch but maybe Cameron Diaz. It definitely must have been the boobs. D as in dog.

Chad and Dana said...

Totally cracking up here...ah, thanks, I needed that!
Noah and Cole totally need to hook up and do their own weather show together...Cole's every other conversation w/us lately is about tornados and how cold it has to be to have ice! Love it! Your boys are adorable :-)

Lacie and Stephen said...

Wow! The resemblance is astounding!

Connie said...

That is soo funny!

Christy said...

I'm so glad you're my best friend. When we get to hang out one day, I'll feel so cool when people point at me and say, "That girl is friends with Beyonce!" That will be fun.

And I was just wondering ... is eating your friends at all in the same category as sucking their blood? Just thinking perhaps Noah got the notion somewhere other than school ....