Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yahweh Mailboxes


So, we had an ice storm and our residents are not known for good driving in inclement weather. Also, this particular driver was not good at making their identity known. But Noah was VERY excited that HIS mailbox, that usually resides in the backyard, is currently being put to good, very official mailbox use.
The other evening, Noah was asking why some places in the Bible say "God" and some say "Lord". I explained that it is like how we have different names for his dad, Daddy, Seth, Shnookum Sugar Biscuit, etc. I went on to explain that we have lots of names for God, like Adonai, Jehovah and Immanuel, and then he stopped me and said, "Is Immanuel His last name?"

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yikes! I bet that did some damage to somebody's car!

Jenni said...

Seth has been not-so-conspicuously inspecting others' grills for brick.

Valerie said...

That is classic - God's last name! But what's the scoop on the mailboxes for the boy's in the backyard? That sounds like a cute idea -- I bet my boy would love to have his own mailbox.

Valerie (Henry's mom and Brooksey's friend)

Keri said...

Um, your mail box looks like ours -did you see my blog? Nice. We however, do not have a back up. So our nice mail lady is using a short version bending down oh so low to deliver our goodies.

Connie said...

Logical Question.....Oh the statements our little one's make!

Manda said...

Haha! Our mailbox looked like that a few years ago! The power was out and the og&e serviceman destroyed it (couldn't see in the dark)! I laughed. Justin did not.

Lacie and Stephen said...

Wow! Who ever knew when Grandmom and Grandpa made him that mailbox that it would come in so handy someday! I hope my child is half as inquizitive (sp???) as Noah! She sure acts like him sometimes (or at least like he did at her age)!